Scholarships > The National Heritage Scholarship
The National Heritage Scholarship, sponsored by The Dansey Foundation, has been established for graduating seniors. This scholarship is to serve as the primary method of achieving the mission of promoting and encouraging interest in the history and fundamentals of the American experience.
This is the first annual award of this scholarship. Each of the participating high schools will receive one (1) $2000 scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded to the strongest candidate from each school in civics and history that also shows a strong passion for engaging in the long conversation about our republic.
National Heritage Scholarship Instructions
Purpose: To provide scholarships to the strongest candidate in civics and history that also shows a strong passion for engaging in the success of our republic.
Award: One (1) $2,000 scholarship to the strongest applicant in each participating high school as determined by the National Heritage Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Applicant must be graduating in the Class of 2014 from a participating high school (Chantilly/Oakton/Westfield).
- Applicant must be an eligible and applying for full-time study in an undergraduate program at a college or university for the Fall 2014 semester.
- Applicant must demonstrate scholarship in the US Government and US History curriculum.
Application Requirements: Please submit all three of the below items.
- Completed application form (incomplete applications will not be processed).
- A typed response (single spaced/11pt font) answering the following three items in 200 words or less for each item:
- A brief explanation of why you feel deserving of the National Heritage Scholarship.
- Historical figure: Describe someone from history that you would like to meet and why.
- Describe someone that has influenced your life and how.
Deadline: 31 January 2014. Applications received after this date will not be considered.